Some of these sources dovetail with my own thinking; others have upended old notions in favor of new ones. All of them have informed my approach to this book.
- Cain, Susan. Quiet: The Power of Introverts in a World That Can’t Stop Talking. New York: Broadway Books, 2013.
- Clark, Dorie. Stand Out Networking: A Simple and Authentic Way to Meet People on Your Own Terms. New York: Penguin, 2015.
- Conley, Chip. Wisdom@Work: The Rise of the Modern Elder. New York: Currency Books, 2018.
- Gerber, Scott, and Paugh, Ryan. Superconnector: Stop Networking and Start Building Business Relationships that Matter. New York: Hachette, 2018.
- Granger, Sarah. The Digital Mystique: How the Culture of Connectivity Can Empower Your Life Online and Off. Berkeley: Seal Press, 2014.
- Grant, Adam R. Give and Take: Why Helping Others Drives Our Success. New York: Penguin Books, 2013.
- Jarvis, Jeff. Public Parts: How Sharing in the Digital Age Improves the Way We Work and Live. New York: Simon & Schuster, 2015.
- Little, Brian R. Who Are You, Really? The Surprising Puzzle of Personality. Simon & Schuster/TED Books, 2017.
- Merchant, Nilofer. The Power of Onlyness: Make Your Wild Ideas Mighty Enough to Dent the World. New York: Viking, 2017.
- Palmer, Amanda. The Art of Asking: How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Let People Help. New York: Grand Central Publishing, 2014.
- Stark, Kio. When Strangers Meet: How People You Don’t Know Can Transform You. New York: Simon & Schuster/TED Books, 2017.
- Benson, David. “The Power of Asynchronous Communication.” Social Chic Blog, April 29, 2012.
- Blaskie, Erin. “Five Things I Learned About Twitter Bios By Reading Over 4,000 User Profiles.” Medium.com, July 24, 2017.
- Chambers, Kipp. “Networking Is Not A Verb.” FullContact.com, July 22, 2015.
- Dishman, Lydia. “The Business Etiquette Guide to Emojis.” Fast Company, July 14, 2016.
- Graham, Ruth. “In Defense of Small Talk.” Slate, February 25, 2016
- Fralic, Chris. “How to Become Insanely Well-Connected.” First Round Review, April 25, 2017.
- Handley, Ann. “How Do You Balance Your Personal and Professional Social Media Presence?” AnnHandley.com, March 2014 (updated March 2018).
- Haskell, David George. “Life is the Network, Not the Self.” Cosmos and Culture, NPR Blog, April 4, 2017.
- Ibarra, Herminia, and Hunter, Mark Lee. “How Leaders Create and Use Networks.” Harvard Business Review, January 2007.
- Madrigal, Alexis C. “Email Is Still The Best Thing on the Internet.” The Atlantic, August 14, 2014.
- Sreenivasan, Sree. “How To Use Social Media In Your Career.” The New York Times, November 8, 2017.
- Steib, Mike. “Don’t Just Network — Build Your ‘Meaningful Network’ to Maximize Your Impact.” First Round Review, January 23, 2018.
- Walk, Hunter. “How This Anxious Introvert Handles Large Events.” Medium.com, October 3, 2017.
- Indeed.com Career Guide – A helpful site covering many topics for job hunting and career planning.
- Introvert’s Corner, Psychology Today – Lots of material that supports the idea of “living a quiet life in a noisy world”.
- QuietRev.com – The site for Susan “Quiet” Cain’s company, with many resources for introverts.